back ground

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Stolen Rugs....

I want to share this info.As a rug hooker I think we need to help each other.I got this info from Fisheye Rugs
It is such a shame that there are people will steal someones hard work.

Dear Rug Hookers,
Last week I was teaching a workshop in Ohio for a small group in a local church.  Two rugs were stolen from the church sometime after class on Tuesday and before class began Wednesday morning.  The room was filled with wool, hooking equipment including frames and cutters, other rugs and a digital projector.  None of those items were touched.  Please forward this email on to your rug hooking guilds and groups.  If you are a frequent follower of Ebay, Craigslist or any other internet site that sells things I would appreciate it if you would be on the look out for the rugs.  I am offering a reward for information leading to the return of the rugs.

Rug #1 is my Crocodile Mola design.  It was featured in the November/December 2011 issue of Rug Hooking Magazine.  It was exhibited at the ATHA Biennial exhibit in Lancaster, PA in October 2011 and at the Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild exhibit at the Shelburne Museum in November 2011.  The rug is 36 x 48.  

Rug #2 is my Pumpkins and Leaves design.  It was hooked by Linda Woodbury and has been exhibited at many local shows in New Jersey.  The rug is 28 x 40.

I have attached photos below.
If you have any info please contact me or Linda.

Thank you,
Norma Batastini



Please keep your eyes out for these rugs.....if you have anything to share and need contact information for Norma, just send  a quick e-mail (fisheyerugs AT hotmail DOT com). 


Live Deeply and help a fellow hooker,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment